15 June 2014

My travel essentials / what's in my bag?

As I've previously mentioned, I'm staying in two different places this summer: home and the new apartment. Since I've been going back and forth a lot lately, I've put together a bag of travel essentials that I can just pick up and get going with.




I haven't traveled for real in a while, at least not since I've gotten more into the types of products I'll be mentioning here, so this is the first time I've gathered all my travel essentials together.

I will say, however, that I'm by no means a makeup connoisseur nor do I have the funds to buy the fancy products I really want. (Broke college kid with a new apartment here). So this is less of a product recommendation post and more of a general 'what-types-of-products-I'd-bring' post.





Body & skincare. I've recently discovered how wonderful The Body Shop actually is. I've been using their Chamomile Gentle Eye Makeup Remover for a while, but they've got a wide variety of all-natural products and the more-than-occasional sale! I picked up a Passionfruit Body Butter last time I was there.

Face-wise, I've been using Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream. I know, I know that tub is pretty big, but I have two; one to keep at home and the other to keep in the apartment. I find that it's quite thick, but after it's completely absorbed by my skin, it doesn't make it feel oily at all. And I personally need a thick, super moisturizing face lotion, even though I have combination skin, because I've realized that I tend to break out more when I'm dry. Weird?

As for the rest, I've got a BB cream because I don't do foundation or anything like that, and a good BB cream with a bunch of properties like moisturizing, pore-minimizing, concealing, smoothing, mattifying, brightening, and sunscreening (such as the Rimmel 9-in-1 BB Cream in Medium) is just about enough for me. Then, I've got an eye cream, acne spot treatment, and a dark circle eraser, all of which I've mentioned previously.

Eyes. Basically, I've got a little of everything. I've got your primer, your eyeshadow, your eyeliner, your eyelash curler, and your mascara. Lately, I've just been using the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze), doing a quick winged eyeliner with the Ulta Extreme Wear Gel Eyeliner in Primetime, testing out the Make Up For Ever Smoky Extravagant Mascara that I got as a free birthday gift from Sephora, and adding a pop of NYX eye shadow in Snow Candy in the inner corners of my eyes for a brightening effect.

Lips. This has got to be my newest fascination. I have a horrible lip-biting problem and my lips are always chapped because of it. So I figured if nail-biters try breaking their habit by painting their nails, why don't I try breaking my habit by using lip products? I will ordinarily prepare my lips by using the Lush Mint Juleps Lip Scrub and the EOS Smooth Sphere in the mint flavor to match the scrub. Then, I've got an assortment of different lip colors, mostly lip butters as they're supposedly quite hydrating.

Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment