09 August 2014

Comfort zone, no more

I recently went to the beach for a 12-day getaway with one of my roommates, Kristi. But I won't be dedicating a full blog post about our excursion, as wonderfully relaxing as it was. No, I have decided to step out of my comfort zone and start playing hardball.

This blog was originally created so I could give myself a voice. I wanted to talk about issues that were important to me - things that had to do with diversity and women and education. I've deviated from my goals because life got hard and I wanted to take the easy way out, writing about things of little real importance to me in the grand scheme of things.

It's hard to make changes, especially ones that can make you uncomfortable. I've put off writing about so many topics that I feel strongly about just because I was too afraid that I wouldn't be able to perfectly capture what I wanted to say in one blog post. But I've realized it's silly to strive for perfection and give up just because I can't achieve it.

Mistakes happen and we improve. Take baby steps. Don't let fear of failure stop you from stepping out of your comfort zone and reaching for your goals. After all, it's the only way your get better.


Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment