25 January 2014

Breaking a cold sweat

Nothing can brighten my week up quite like several inches of gorgeous, powdery snow in winter. But it makes motivating myself to go out and run a whole lot more difficult.


On Thursday, I had contemplated for most of the morning whether I'd be braving the icy roads and biting winds the day after our snowstorm. After a lot of debate in my head, I won out over the side of me that wanted to sit indoors and putz around. I wiggled into my leggings and thermal top, stepped into my sneakers, and headed out the door.


Wow, it was not an easy run at all. I wasn't concerned at all with timing it. I treated the run as just something to hold me over until I could have a real run. So I was really taking my sweet time - something I needed to do anyway since the air was so cold and dry that breathing became uncomfortable pretty quickly.


Of course, almost immediately after I finished and was cooling down by walking around in the backyard, my body temperature plummeted and I was forced to head inside to change. Shame, because it was beautiful out.

Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment